Sunday, June 14, 2009

Why I Love the Summer

I think the reason I love summer is because of all the friends we get to see every week. All of the Youth Services Staff works hard to find just the right book to fit for our young readers. Most of the time I think we are successful, even with the large numbers that visit every day.

A while ago as I was helping a young man look for a book and we were discussing different titles he looked at me and asked, "Do you read all these books?" Of course the answer was "No, not ALL."

But I do try to read many of the books on our shelves, especially new titles that may be the rage among our young readers? Why? It helps me fit a book to a particular reader. Reviews are a great start, but actually experiencing a book by reading it lets me have insights to the story that I cannot get by reading a review.

Secondly, it is my job. Wow! How's that for awesome?

Last, but not least, I love books! I love the pictures that pop off a page and make me laugh or cry. I like stories that transport me to another country or time. I love books that give me information that I did not know before. I love stories that can transport me to imaginary worlds and bring me safely home again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home