Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Illinois Reading Council Conference

Hi Everyone! Last week I attended the Illinois Reading Council Conference in Springfield, Illinois. What a great two days! There were so many authors to hear, books to look at, and speakers to inspire us that the time flew by quickly. My favorite session was with Sharon Draper who is a teacher as well as author. Believe me, she knows about the lives of young people! It is no wonder her books are so well written and received by the young adult population. Another session I will remember for a long time was with Margie Palatini who writes for the younger set of readers. Her books have always been some of my favorites bacause of the layers of humor she builds into her stories. She took the time to speak to a very small group of us after the session which was even more awesome! Needless to say, I came back to the Library with new ideas, new books, and renewed inspiration to share with all our Library guests.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home